|My dream-online qi pao dress|
Now I wasn't looking too forward to finding my Chinese outfit of the night, but I knew it was an important part of my culture to be wearing a form of red.
Qipao traditionally is very form fitting. If I lived in China, I would've had my own custom designed qipao. I wish I were able to visit there to have most of my wedding things done, but I don't think it would happen anytime soon. The fiance and I decided to check out some store down in China town. I tried on a couple of dresses. Some qipao had mermaid styles, some with lace, and some were completely flashy.
I was looking for...
1. Something that complicated my body, that had just the right curves.
2. The neckline in the center (If it were more off to the side, it was considered more of a "mui" dress. It was more elegant to have it centered.)
3. Something that represented me. Not too flashy.
|If I had this dress...|
After three stores in search, I finally found something! I don't want to show it just yet, but I completely fell in love! I brought my mom in the next day to make the purchase. She settled the pricing and we made a huge save=) I loved it very much because:
1. It fitted me perfectly. (It even had that extra breast cushion! double "yay"!)
2. The neckline was in the center. The neckline has a little sharpness to it.
3. It is a red. A matte material with red dragons embroiled all over the dress. The material is thick and firm. There's two slits on both sides (Sexy! haha).
Advice for bride to bes: I've googled and searched for different qipao dresses online. Seeing and trying it on makes a huge difference when it comes to these form-fitting dresses. Be sure to have a couple of opinions before making the purchase. I had my fiance, mom and dad come check it out.
If any brides in the Vancouver area needs some help with qipao shopping, please message me!
Update: To all the brides out there. I've been receiving a lot of messages about qi pao dresses. This is the place to go for Qi Paos in Vancouver: KK Boutique.
Just make sure you bring your fluent chinese skills with you. Bargaining will certainly be possible. They have quite a selection when I went there. You can rent or purchase qi paos there.
154 East Pender Street
Vancouver, BC V6A 1T3